1.26.2010

1* 'Bout Time...


Many thanks for stopping by! This is my initial blog post... I'm finally jumping into the blog world because of the inspiration of a fellow photographer who happens to be related to me - you will "meet her" in a moment. I've actually become very inspired by both her attitude and her ability to jump into things, not to mention her beautiful imagery. She happens to have a blog that is very cool, fresh and hip, and I am hoping to do a bit of "fresh" and "hip" myself. Let's see how it goes....

*****

Heidi: Round ONE
What better subject to feature than the person who inspired all this new blogging?  Here you see Heidi Haden who visited me this past weekend. She happens to be a professional photographer in Washington State who specializes in portrait photography (her blog is http://VelvetOwlPhotography.blogspot.com should you want to check it out).  After helping judge a photo contest for the Partnership for a Drug-Free America, we spent nearly every waking moment sharing ideas, tips and tricks.  It was amazing how much we tried to cram in to about 36 hours!  It was also fun to put her on the "hot seat" as my subject and she was a full of energy and ideas as well as the cool demeanor I was trying to capture.
So...We managed to find a couple of wacky spots in Phoenix (that don't really look like Phoenix at all) on one of the dreariest days of the year! The flag and palm tree in the background above are really a reflection in a window at an office building.

A bit of vintage helped out with the classy feel we got from these - both the earrings and the mink stole (both quite old) made all the difference to me to take it a little beyond the ordinary.

*****

Heidi: Round TWO
We also did a couple of quick portraits in the studio trying out a new background - simple and clean, coupled with a little bit of attitude. 

*****


I hope you enjoy the images. Don't hesitate to give feedback if you feel the urge.
Oh, and check out my website: http://heatherhillphoto.com to see more work!

More to come... Check back soon!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, I love your style. These are bright and fresh! Thank you so much Heather!

    ReplyDelete